Sunday, July 29, 2007

Challenge #4

The Challenge-
Create a layout about a childhood memory and how it relates to you now. The Details- Meaningful journaling is very important and can be either typed or hand written but must be included in your layout description. You must include at least one picture, yet that picture does not have to be from your childhood and doesn't even have to be a picture of you. It will, obviously, have to be about your topic, though. The memory you use can be a single event or a broad category and by childhood I mean through high school. There is no limit to the number of pictures you use. This can be a 1 or 2 page layout and all supplies and the title are up to you.Here are some page examples just to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.-something you loved or hated as a child and how you feel about it today-something you see your kids doing that relates to you and your childhood-how something random today stirs up childhood memories .

Every week I fret and wonder, will I be able to get this challenge done? It's always such a relief when it finally comes together and I can post it!Home is where My Heart is.Quote on blue strip reads, "A house is made of walls and beams. A home is made with LOVE and dreams.Journaling read:Here it is- the place where I spent most of my childhood. In this house I learned all about unconditional love, honesty, compassion, generosity, devotion, stability, servitude, faithfulness, forgiveness, nurturing- all the good things my parents taught me that are in me today. We didn't have much but were happy with what we had. After I grew up and moved away to start a family of my own, I missed the comfort of home so badly. Aftre my Dad passed away, I realized that home is not at 77573, League City, Texas. Home is in your heart. I will forever carry a piece of this home in my heart. Today, I will share this "home" with my sons and it will live on in their hearts too.Supplies- DCWV- Nana's kids, Doodlebug Frills, Heidi Swapp ghost heart, Doodlebug pp, Prima flowers, Queen & Co. brads, Bazzill cs.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I think you did a terrific job on the challenge. Your layout is so cute and with it came a wonderful message. I love the Nana's kids stack, I've had my eye on it for a while....I think I may have to go get it now :0)

~blessings,
Kelly

Debbie said...

I know I am going to have to get Nana's kids stack for sure now. Especially since Drew calls me Nana. lol The layout is the cutest!

Jude said...

Beuatiful LO! I love it.

Dettao said...

I adore the house and especially the little door! What a great layout

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful page (inside and out)! Love the journal and what you've captured...so cool!

My work