Saturday, September 22, 2007

I made it to the next round!!

I made it on to Assignment #3 at Bad Girls!!!


We had to create a layout highlighted texture and dimension. Here is what I came up with.

Anyone who knows me knows I HATE to have my picture taken. When I recently got 10 inches of my hair cut off, I decided it was time for an updated photo of myself, so my girlfriend, Kara Hendricks and I got together and this is what we came up with. First, to add texture to my layout, I used a photo of me wearing a furry hat. I tinted the photos sepia to give the layout an aged feel. I inked the edges of my cardstock and pp. I sanded the edges of my chipboard letters. I used a feather stitching around my frayed fabric photo mat. I used fabric to give my layout texture. I also straight stitched my straight photo mat. I cut a flower out of some fuzzy material to give the layout dimension, then added an antique copper button center. I used Queen & Company ribbon felt flowers that I cut into a wavy shape, I accented the flowers with tiny blue brads.

Please click on the layout below for a better look.



11 comments:

sollie said...

You look very beautiful on those pics.

Kelly said...

The pictures are terrifec as well as the layout. You did a great job Theresa, you really really did.
~blessings,
Kelly

Anonymous said...

You look great girl!!! Wonderful job on this layout... Best of luck in the next round!!!


Kara

joybear said...

Beautiful BEAUTIFUL!! Congrats on making it to the next round!!!

Dettao said...

wow, you do look great! I have those felt flowers and haven't done anything with them, yet. I just might steal your idea.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! You look great and that is a FAB page -- way to go and congratulations, too!

MPalmerChapman said...

I LOVE IT!!!! wtg, Theresa you are soooo gifted. love your style. Lots of blessings.

Mary

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful layout & your hair looks great. ~Trish

CarlaJ said...

Awesome layout!

Cheryl Wray said...

What a great layout! Love those pics of you!

Christine said...

that is one beautiful page, Theresa!

My work