Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Challenge #1- Color Theory at badgirls.com

We're in an 8 week long contest over at Bad Girls

Our assignment was about color theory...

"In this class we are going to be learning about Color Theory. A very interesting and important part of design. All good designers know the strong ability that color has. Indeed, Color is used in design for many reasons. We may use colors to invoke many different emotions. The brighter hues are used to illicit a feeling of excitement and are even known to raise blood pressure. They also are known to stimulate the appetite. The softer hues are known to do just the opposite. They illicit a feeling of peace and calm, lower the blood pressure, and give us a sense of relaxation. Create a LO (any size) or Altered Project and focus on Color Theory. It can be in relation to anything....the photo, the emotion you are trying invoke, the feel of the project that you are trying to get across. In your comments section, please add a couple sentences explaining your project....why did you choose the color scheme? What were you trying to get across? Have fun girls and thanks for attending class this week.


So here is my take on class assignment #1.

I wanted to keep the focus on the photo of baby Logan's feet up against his mommy and daddy's wedding rings so I kept this layout very clean and simple. I used white as a background because white symbolizes purity and innocence, like that of a newborn baby. I wanted this l/o to have an ethereal feel so I kept the colours muted in peach and a very light blue so as to hint that the baby in the photo is a boy. I kept the chipboard swirls naked, just as my little Logan was when I snapped this picture! ha ha!

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

CarlaJ said...

too cute!!!

Amy Birch said...

This is a stunning layout, Theresa! Awesome job...as usual!!!

Your photography is beautiful! You have a real gift!

Debbie said...

Perfect!

The Sterks said...

I LOVE this!!! Great job, girl!

Margie H said...

A very nice take on the challenge! Love that "naked" chipboard! :0)

Cheryl Wray said...

Oh I just LOVE this layout!! And the color totally works with what you're wanting to portray. Love it!!

momoferika said...

Ditto Debbie....it's PERFECT!
~blessings,
Kelly

Amy Birch said...

I wonder what tomorrow's assignment will be?!! That is, if I'm not suspended, LOL!

joybear said...

That is so SO sweet!!!

My work