I don't think I ever shared a photo of Savahn I took of her in her, "My First Christmas" santa hat. I love this photo. It's so darn cute!
Now, on to the business of the day.
I visited I visited Jozzie’s Blog today, which led me to Di Hickman’s blog where I found this interesting meme.
1.What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Went to CHA, had surgery for the first time.
2. What are your New Years Resolutions?
Lose weight, quit spending so much money
3. Did anyone close to you give birth in 2007?
Yes, my one and only sibling- my sister.
4. Did anyone close to you die.
5. What countries did you visit?
None. In fact, we’ve been too busy with the house to take a vacation. The boys and I went to Texas for Thanksgiving while Eric stayed back and worked on the house. Maybe in 2008 we’ll take a vacation.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
A vacation with the family.
7. What date(s) in 2007 will remain etched in your memory and why?
I don't remember dates, I remember events/moments.
Events: My mom visiting from the Philippines and us going to the Botanical Gardens and Branson, my son turning sweet 16 and getting his first car, going to CHA for the first time and being mesmorized by Tim Holtz, holding my sweet niece for the first time, undergoing surgery for the first time.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting pubbed twice. Getting on manufacturer design teams- Hooray Piggy Tales!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Wasting time shopping and not using that time as quality time with my family.
10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Yes, I got my gall bladder out on Dec. 21st.
11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
My pocket digital camera- a Canon elph.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friend, Amy Birch and BFF Debbie each made me something really special.
13. Whose behavior appalled and depressed you?
Not really appalled or depressed but their actions really showed me how petty they are. And can you believe they’re church people? Which reminds me to tell you to remember to always turn your eyes towards God and away from people because God will never disappoint you.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Right now the house. Where did the other money go? Don’t even go there!
15. What did you get really, really excited about?
I was excited about CHA, and making it on the Piggy Tales Design Team.
16. What song(s) reminds you of 2007?
Anything by Rascal Flatts, James Blunt-You’re Beautiful, Rhianna- Umbrella, Fergie- Big Girls Don’t Cry, Gwen Stefani 4 in the morning, anything from August Rush.
17. Compared to last year are you...
a.) Happier or Sadder? Happier
b.) Thinner or Fatter? Fatter
c.) Richer or Poorer? Poorer. The raises can’t keep up with the inflation.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Anything, just be more productive!
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Surfing the web - what a time sink! Something I really need to limit. Oh and watching crap TV shows. (Direct quote from Di!)
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At Mike and Dani’s for lunch and watched National Treasure at the movies that night.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007.
Yes, with my new little niece- Savahn Ana-Li.
22. How many one night stands did you have?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
American Idol and Extreme Home Makeover.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't this time last year?
To quote Di who quoted Laine from her entry: "Hatred is the wrong word. There are people I'm working on letting go of. But that's about as far as I'm going to go". I feel the same way. There are a couple of people who I won't be interacting with anymore, goes back to #13 really.
25. What was the best book you read?
I’m terrible. I haven’t read any books. Not even my Bible. I know. Shameful!
26. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
It must not have been anything eventful, because I can’t remember what I did. I turned 43.
27. What was your best musical discovery?
Hhhmmm…after watching August Rush, I discovered I want to learn to play the violin.
28. What did you want and get?
Published. Getting on Piggy Tales was the icing on the cake.
29. What was your favorite film of the year?
30. What did you want and not get?
31. What one thing would've made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More time with my mom.
32. How would you describe your fashion concept for 2007?
Just finding something that fits!
33. What kept you sane?
Sane? What’s sane?
34. Which celebrity or public figure did you admire most?
I admire people who selflessly give of themselves, namely Mother Teresa.
35. What political issue stirred you most?
Barrack Obama. I can’t believe that someone so controversial has gotten so close to being a president. What is this country coming to?
36. Who do you miss?
First and always, my Dad. Then my mom and my sister.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Met, as in real life? Probably Margie. She is the most nurturing person I’ve ever met. I wanna be her when I grow up. Then, Tim Holtz. I also enjoyed meeting Lance Anderson, Mr. Picklelicious.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned.
Trust God in everything. For example, don’t be upset if you missed a green light. That little pause just might have saved you from an accident later on down the road.
Also, I have come to the conclusion that it’s not about being published and rising to celebrity status in the scrapping world that is important. For one, I am not ambitious enough and am such a slllooooww scrapper that I don’t have enough time between family, church and work, to produce enough artistic projects to catapult me into fame, even if I had the talent (which I don’t). What’s important is the friendships that I’ve made along the way while pursuing this hobby and to nurture those relationships. This doesn’t mean I won’t continue to submit for pub, because it’s fun and exciting submitting it gives you something to look forward to. And if I submit and don’t get picked, I’ll remind myself about what’s important in the long run.
39. Quote a song line that defines your year.I don’t know. I’ll have to think about it.
If you're still here after reading all this, then I applaud you. I just wasted 30 minutes of your life you'll never get back. LOL! Seriously, thank you for caring enough to make it to the end. I love ya!