Monday, July 15, 2013

Color Q Challenge meets Retro Sketches challenge!

I am participating in 2 challenges this week. (I know- can you believe it!)


        


To play along with the color Q challenge, click HERE.



  

To play along with the Retro Sketches challenge, click HERE.

Here is my take on both challenges:
(click on the photo for a closer look!)





So I used the Stampin Up! colors listed above. I couldn't believe I had Summer Sun still hanging out here as it has long been retired.But I never get rid of anything! That's why my scrap room is jam packed with so much!
I used a little Copic R05 on the main flower to give it dimension and laid down a glue dot and stuck some tiny black seed beads in the flower center to give it texture. The SU! set I used was Secret Garden stamps and coordinating dies. The sentiment is from SU! Itty Bitty Banners and matching Bitty Banner dies. The embossing folder and paper doily is also from SU! Finished it off with black and white baker's twine and voila!!

Thanks for looking!
Tree
xox

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Lots of pretty layers and summer colors! Love seeing what you've done with the sketch!

Sylvia said...

What a bright and cheery card, Theresa, love your embossed Summer Sun! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ.

Please turn off word verification and turn on moderation. I will only be able to comment this one time.

savvy teaching tips said...

Love this card. Beautiful work. I'm so glad you joined us at the Colour Q this week.

My work