Tuesday, January 25, 2011

PTI January Blog Hop!!

Beautiful Blooms II, Fillable Frames 4, Honeybees, Polkadot Basics


Through The Trees. The best stuff I've ever found for masking is this stuff here. The entire back is sticky so it stays put while you buff your background color on.



I have the Friend Jars/Fillers as well as the dies, but hadn't even used them yet. So I thought it'd be neat to make a gatefold card. I cut the Graphix sticky back transparency sheet using the Jar die and stick it right over the paint brush. Then I used the sentiment "You color my world" from the TT: Valentines set which I thought was a perfect fit for this stamp combo! I photographed this card at an angle so you can see the shiny transparency. Makes it look like a real jar, plus it was so easy just to stick that die cut on since its back is sticky. Looks like it came from Hobby Lobby (price tag), but I think I got it at a yard sale for like a quarter or something. Score!

Here is the card showing off the gatefold a little better.




The Challenge:
Use stamps you haven't used before. Not hard for me since I haven't used 90% of mine!!
I'm changing my tired old graduation avatar to this one. I like that it's fuzzy. Kinda makes it sexy and mysterious.
Thanks for hopping by!!
Tree










20 comments:

Renee said...

Beautiful cards!
I especially love the Thinking of You.
But gotta love Friendship Jars too...

Amy Kolling said...

I LOVE that Friendship Jar card! That trifold is a great idea with this set!

Margie Higuchi said...

FAB cards, my friend! Lovin' that friendship - real cool! Just like you! xo

Unknown said...

These are so fun -- so colorful!! LOVE them all :)

Diane Jaquay said...

All of these are really pretty!

Anonymous said...

wow, so much to see!!!
great projects!!!

Laurie said...

So many great cards! I love that Frienship Jar card!

Kristii said...

absolutely wonderful cards!!!! so colorful and fun!!!

Laurel said...

This is just great - love the jar card!

Jean Franks Beck said...

What beautiful and inspiring projects! I have those Post-It labels, too - a bit pricey, but well worth it for masking perfection. ;)

Lorraine said...

Beautiful cards! and thanks for the tips!

Jen Carter said...

Wow. Great cards here and fabulous tips as well! I think my favorite is the tree card! Love the moon!!

Kay D said...

Beautiful cards; I really love the landscape on the second one, and the jar on the third is just TOO cool!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Oh my, you really took this challenge and ran with it!!! What great creations. I really like the tree scene - you created such a pretty sky.

Kim S said...

You were busy!!! Love all of them. And thank you so much for the hint on the label pads!

Stephanie said...

These are all so gorgeous! I love the idea of a transparency over the jar! I'm definitely doing that the next time I use that set. Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

All really cute cards! I'm going to have to look for that sticky transparency!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Great cards! The friendship jar is really fun, love the gatefold!

Chris L.

Linda Suarez said...

I love the Friendship Jar card. The transparency was very clever. I have never seen these before. I am definitely going to have to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

Kelly S. said...

These are so great, Theresa! That glassy jar one is soo cool...double extra credit point because you did a gatefold card :)!

My work