Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Papertrey Ink Party Continues!!

There's an anniversary party goin on at Nichole Heady’s Blog!

Today's challenge was to pick a color scheme from one of 12 designer's favorite color combo's. Of course I chose Erin Lincoln's combo because she is like one of my most favorite crafters ever! I had the privilege of meeting her a couple years ago at CHA and I immediately clicked with her.

So here is Erin's fav color combo-





And here is my take on the challenge:



I had to substitute a different orange cardstock since I didn't have any Terracotta Tile in my stash. I used 2 PTI stamp sets- Beautiful Blooms and Life. I used Versamark for the leaves in the background. It's hard to tell but I chalked my focal point using the Spellbinders Nestabilities die as a stencil. The ink I used was PTI Ripe Avocado and Chocolate. I needed some chocolate on my card so I just cut out 3 little circles with my handheld hole punch.


Thanks for looking!
~Tree

2 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

I LOVE this card! Haven't been playing with my VersaMark...hmmm, after seeing this, I need to dig into my ink stash! LOL!!

Thanks for the inspiration!! Keep warm! xo

P.S. Great choice using Spellbinders! Heehee!!!

Kevin Renz said...

Why hellooooo Tree... love what you did with the color challenge. Hope all is well :)

My work